Tuesday, January 6, 2009

NINE-OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOODNESS my sweet, sweet 90210 is back in action. And, I don't just mean for the January sweeps, but I mean back in action in my life.

I distinctly remember rehashing the details of the very first episode when I was in 5th grade art class. We thought it was the coolest thing we'd ever seen - and, well - it was! I loved watching through all the ups and downs - the Kelly, Dillon, Brenda love triangle - the sweet naive love between Donna Martin and David Silver - Steve Saunders and his fantastic ego - Ahhhhhhhhn-drea and her wrinkles at 17. Man, it was awesome.

I'd like to give a special kudos to the new version of 90120 for calling themselves out episode 1 and having little Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez broadcasting the school news and the ultra-hip teacher making fun of her to the class by saying she looks 30. And, for keeping it old school with a twist by using the original theme song. You gotta admit they kept us on our toes by suspending the true identidy of Kelly's son - I swear I thought it was Brandon.

My sweet, sweet 90120.

So, it's no surprise that I am head over heels in love with the new class (significantly more than I was for the "Saved by the Bell: The New Class" gang). This week's episode certainly didn't disappoint.

Drama for the baby mama and daddy of li'l orphaned Shawn...surprise, surprise!! He isn't their son! Who knew?!?!!? Oh...just Annie and Aunt Becky (sorry - I don't care what her name on this show is-she's always Mrs. Jesse Katsopolis to me). Foolish Principal Wilson...never go with the first orphaned boy that shows up on your door! And...am I the only one that was a little pleased that mean ol' Tracy gave him the money??? It gave her daughter, Naomi, a chance to flex her nostrils...er...acting chops during a dramatic scene. I actually think she's following Joey Tribbiani's rule of "smell the fart" acting.

And, Mr. Dixon got a chance to sing LIVE at a record producer's house! Who knew the lacross player had such pipes. Oh...wait...didn't...he...sing...in..."The Secret Life of Bees?"

Next up - 90210 - the...ALBUM, TOUR, REALITY SHOW!!!

Please - it's about time. I know I slept soundly next to Dillon McKay and Brandon Walsh posters on my wall. And, probably for far too long...

Having an affair with my television,
Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment